To get rid of the mugshot guy, I had to integrate all of my social media. In order to do so I started this blog. This page is basically a “Home Page” of myself, where the search engines can find all the information about me. To be a “Google Favorite” you need to be able to provide him with the right info. Blogs are powerful tools, that can help us create a big difference between us and our online competitors. The importance of blogs are based on the fact that every post is read by the search engine as the creation of a new page in our website. Most of the websites that we know, get updated under the same structure. Meaning, that they are basically the same “Christmas Tree” with different ornaments. A new blog entry, is like getting a whole new “Christmas Tree” full of new ornaments, people would notice that when walking into your living room!
With dedication, I was able to fill up pretty well the Google Search for “Ricardo Saldivar” and the only one that I haven’t been able to beat is the Church guy, which is ok.
If we use Bing, the search looks similar, even though I was able to raise all the way to the top of the search and fill up pretty much the whole page with my info, there is still a picture of the mugshot guy there. With time and more blog entries, I am sure I will be able to beat it eventually.
The results are satisfying, and that means that as I did it myself you can do it as well. Just keep in mind a few simple tricks:
- Start a Blog: Make sure you add all the links of your social media at the blog roll.
- Integration: Use the same name in every single platform you own. Use your name over and over, no nicknames.
- Clean your Social Media: Make private all compromising material, or simply erase it.
- Facebook Privacy: Constantly check your FB privacy settings.
- Name your pictures: Please every time you upload a picture of yourself in your blog, make sure it you fill the “alt text” with your real name, that’s where Google gets it from.
- Post Constantly: At least once a month is a good amount of post in your blog.
You can find how do do all this on my previous posts.
Good luck and thanks for reading!
- What is SEO? (linkmedia360blog.com)